Posted on June 27, 2019.
When it comes to achieving your peak productivity and getting on a path to success, your thoughts are just as important as your actions… or maybe even more important. By getting in the right state of mind from morning to evening to forever more, you can really hone your goals and action plan with optimism and resolve. Follow these 5 steps to get in the right state of mind for success.
#1: Practice Self Awareness
- You’re rarely working in a silo. People are all around you who are contributing to the work you do and the environment in which you operate.
- By understanding your environment, your emotions and behavior, and the emotions and behavior of others, you can strategize how you can work most effectively.
- There are other factors you must deal with in the workplace and the world at large—you can’t always control those factors but you can control how you react.
- Dedicate some time for yourself at some point in your day—we recommend during your morning routine or just before bed—to close your eyes, focus on your breath, and sit peacefully.
- Allow yourself to clear your mind of stressors and reflect. Focus on what you are grateful for and the goals you have for yourself. Center on the positive.
#3: Stop Comparing Yourself to Others
- Comparing yourself to others is a recipe for negativity and feelings of inferiority, which can be detrimental to your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Remember that when it comes to social media, everyone is presenting the best versions of themselves, which are not always true.
- Work to find validation in your own pursuits and your own journey.
- Try taking the energy you get from comparing yourself to others and use it as motivation.
#4: Refuel Your Motivation
- Recharge your motivation with content and experiences that inspire you.
- Make the time to fill yourself with whatever intellectual fuel you need to keep going—whether it’s reading novels or newsletters, meditating, reviewing empowering quotes, writing in a gratitude journal, listening to a podcast, or experiencing art.
- When you feed your mind and soul, you’ll be invigorated with the confidence to tackle the long-term and short-term goals ahead.
#5: Remind Yourself of Your Goals
- It’s imperative to never lose sight of what you’re working toward.
- Regularly reading, writing, or repeating your goals aloud to yourself will keep you grounded, focused, and action-oriented.
- When your goals are your mantra, it’s easier to establish a tangible plan to work toward them.
Have additional suggestions for how to keep a positive mindset? Share them in the comments section below!